Black Cumin Seed Oil "Nigella Sativa"
Studies have shown that black cumin seed oil may be helpful when it comes to reducing inflammation in the body. As well as possibly improving blood sugar. Both inflammation and low blood sugar are two big reasons your energy levels could be low. Therefore blend up this smoothie and give it a try!
Strawberry Smoothie Tips
This delightful and simple smoothie recipe can be easily adjusted to what your fridge or freezer has to offer. In addition we tend to freeze our left over bananas as we use them later for my famous banana loaf.
In addition by adding frozen fruit like bananas, blueberries and raspberries my creativity gets a boost. Equally important smoothies help clear up some freezer space at the same time as giving me a morning boost. Give it a try!
History of Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black cumin seed oil is extracted from the seeds of Nigella sativa, a plant native to southwest Asia. The black seeds are slightly bitter and sometimes used as a flavoring or spice in Middle Eastern as well as Indian cuisine. The amber-hued oil is also used in cooking and is said to offer a range of health benefits. One of the key components of black seed oil is thymoquinone, a compound with antioxidant properties.
Black seed oil has a long history of use dating back over 2000 years. According to some sources it was discovered in the tomb of King Tut. The oil is used by some for the treatment of health conditions. Besides, there is scientific evidence to support some, but not all uses for black cumin seed oil.
Also Known As
- Try our 5 Easy and Fast Recipes using cold pressed oils
- Use our Homemade Poppy Seed Oil Vinaigrette with Mustard for your next salad. It’s light and ultra-delicious.
- For another kitchen favorite, try our Walnut Oil Mayonnaise
- Try our Homemade Red-Beet Carpaccio! Unlike so many recipes out there, we actually tried this!
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 2 servings
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/2 c vanilla yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 c strawberries
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Ostro Organics Black Cumin Seed Oil
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch fresh ginger
- 1 c ice
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Indulge!