Blueberry Smoothie with Borage Seed Oil
Any type of juice or milk will work in this recipe. Almond milk tastes best, in my opinion.
Be sure you use raw,fresh, unrefined Borage Seed Oil.
Note: If you change up and use all frozen fruit, it will affect the texture and make it much thicker. You can add more almond milk. I have found that adding too much of this waters down the taste. So I would recommend making it as written for perfect texture and taste.
If your blender is having trouble with this recipe as written, you can always turn it off, remove the lid, add another splash of almond milk and re-blend. If you are using a high powered blender, such as a Vitamix or Blendtec, you should not have any issues.
One serving of this recipe fits perfectly into a pint mason jar. Save in the refrigerator, and enjoy within 24 hours. Shake it up to re-mix ingredients that may have settled.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:1m
- Total Time:6m
- Serves: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 c apple juice or almond milk
- 1 banana halved (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp. Ostro Organics Borage Seed Oil
- 3/4 c vanilla yogurt
- fresh blueberries and mint for garnish
- When using fresh fruit and no frozen ingredients, Joanne tends to add some ice cubes for some extra texture.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Indulge Fresh!