Just Think Caveman Eating
Huffington Post experts agree this hunter-gatherer diet is one of the most logical diets out there. It’s pretty simple to follow and is focused on giving your body the raw fuel it needs to perform and maintain good health.
Complete whole protein is the focus every meal with proper portions in mind, and a plate full of healthy all-natural fruit and veggie carbohydrates. You need the protein for muscle building, brain power, cell health, and energy, and the carbs for long-term energy. All while incorporating healthy good fat into your diet. This includes essential all-natural raw organic oils, like peanut oil, poppy seed oil, coconut oil, and almond oil for instance. With the exception of coconut oil, these unsaturated healthy fats will help your body function optimally.
Note – Coconut oil is one of the only saturated fats that’s considered extremely beneficial to your health and well-being, in moderation of course. Keep in mind one serving of fat is 1-2 tbsp. of essential oil, 1/4 of an avocado, 4-5 olives, or just 1-2 tbsp. of dressing.
Basic Paleo Facts
- Paleo Diet helps ease digestive system issues because you’re eliminating bloaty grains, dairy products, and legumes. All of which often seem to often have a negative impact on optimal digestive health.
- Reduces overall inflammation to help decrease serious disease triggers like cancer. Research shows sugar makes cancer cells divide uncontrollably. The Paleo diet eliminates these glucose-based carbs which helps starve cancer.
- When you cut out processed sugars and refined carbs you unleash all-natural energy you knew you had.
- Keeps blood sugar stable and this decreases mood swings and energy spikes, and decreases your risk of developing diabetes.
When you are looking to cook with oils you should opt for an essential oil that has a high smoke point. This means it’s not going to lose it’s nutritional value by heating it too much. Coconut oil, almond oil, peanut oil, olive oil, and flaxseed oil, are great options.
Here’s a healthy Salsa Baked Chicken recipe made with unrefined organic coconut oil that’s both healthy and tasty.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 2 organic chicken breasts without the skin
- 4 tbsp. unrefined organic coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup pineapple diced
- In a dish combine organic coconut oil (liquid) with fresh herbs – let marinate covered in fridge for 1-2 hours for best results.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken on baking tray and cover the chicken with tinfoil to help keep the moisture in.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear
- Combine tomato and pineapple and scoop onto chicken and serve.
A super simple way to fit those essential oils into your healthy Paleo Diet way of eating. Get creative and enjoy!