Meet my go-to vegetable soup! This homemade vegetable soup is healthy, easy to make, and tastes fantastic. It’s vegan and dairy-free. Read on to see my tips for making it.
Why We Think This is The Best Vegetable Soup
When I am looking for a comforting meal packed with vegetables, this easy veggie soup is where I turn. It’s made with a light tomato broth and adapts to all seasons and every deficiency of your fridge. Use any vegetables you have on hand or need to use up quickly. This soup is so good, you will want a batch or two in the freezer at all times.
It’s perfect to prepare in advance for busy weeks as well as taking on day hikes or canoe trips. When I feel we have over-indulged, it gives me that extra portion of vegetables my body so desires!
My Favorite Variations of This Soup
My Favorite Variations of this soup changed over time.Here are a few of my favorites:
- Add protein by adding cooked beans — white beans or chickpeas
- Add pasta or rice about 8 minutes before the soup has finished cooking
- Make it creamy by adding coconut milk or coconut cream.
- Toss in a handful of other vegetables like cauliflower, summer squash or kale.
- Add Ostro Organics Habanero Chili Oil if you like it super spicy!